Making Plans for October
I dabbled with paper embroidery again in my journal last night and I think this time I have started a new monthly tradition! Each month I try to think about the positive things ahead especially if the month before was not so positive. I am still learning how to not be a student and deal with that major life change. Hopefully more big changes are coming very soon, but until then, I decided to take a minute and jot down a few of the fun things I want to experience this month. I tend to focus on the stressful things that are beyond my control so taking an hour to stitch and dream in my journal is a great way to start a new month.
October is going to be filled with lots of warm, fall festivities!
- Visit the local pumpkin patch. I love picking out the perfect pumpkin. It reminds me of when I was little and our kindergarten class went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch. I also love eating the pumpkin seeds!
- Go to the State Fair of Texas! The state fair is such a tradition around here. I love the sights, smells, and laughing at the ridiculous line-up of fried foods. Apparently they have a fried red velvet cupcake this year? No, thank you.
- Make homemade lasagna. I've always wanted to make homemade pasta. I found a recipe in a Martha Stewart cookbook for vegetable lasagna with spinach pasta that sounds amazing. It might take me all day to make but it will be a labor of love.
- Go to the Dallas Arboretum. The arboretum has a cool glass art exhibit happening right now that I really want to see.
- Wear a sweater! Goals are important.
- Have more coffee dates with friends. I wish I could do this every day.
- Train for the Turkey Trot! The Turkey Trot is a popular 5k race that is held on Thanksgiving Day here in Dallas. It has been a goal of mine to run a 5k and I've decided to give it a try this year! The Turkey Trot is a walk/run race for people of all ages so I don't have to worry about actually racing people. I just want to finish and have fun!
October is a new month. A clean, cinnamon-spice scented, slate. I'm all set to enjoy the creative moments that lie ahead.
What are you looking forward to this month?