My Last London & Paris Memories
Ahh...Paris. The ride through the Chunnel from London to Paris was really cool. I had no idea I was under water. Actually, I tried not to think about it. During our time in Paris, my mom's sinuses that were agitated in London got even worse. She was sneezing, coughing, and not feeling too great. We were only in the city for a day and a half so we decided to see what we could see and take it easy. I didn't want my mom to stress out about walking all over the place when she wasn't feeling well. Even though we didn't see everything I planned to see, we saw some beautiful sights!
- Musée d'Orsay: This was the first place we visited after we checked into our hotel. Another beautiful museum filled with art that blew my mind.
- Lunch on The Seine: We had lunch at a café near the museum. I was so happy that I was able to order our lunch in French and the waiter even smiled at me. Two points for Meredith!
- Architecture: I saw beautiful buildings at every turn.
- Macarons: We had these macarons at a random bakery we came across on our way back from lunch. They were so good, but not quite as good as the famous confections from Ladurée. Mmm. We went to Ladurée on our last day for lunch and, of course, a sweet treat.
- Paris at Night: We booked a "Paris by Night" tour and it was so wonderful! Seeing all of the buildings in the City of Lights lit up at night took my breath away.
I hope I get the chance to visit these two beautiful cities again someday soon! For now, I am thankful for all of the wonderful memories I got to share with my mom. :)