|Photo: Girl in the Wind by Belafonte|
Sorry for the lack of blogging over the past few days. It's really difficult for me when I don't post regularly. I tend to feel a bit...guilty? Is that crazy?
Even though I'm not a full time blogger, I don't enjoy doing things halfway or with half of the effort. I like spending time with my blog...taking pictures of my craft, the things I love, and writing about what inspires me. Unfortunately there are only so many hours in the day. I'm a full time student and the responsibilities that come with college are my priority. So now that I'm three weeks into this semester I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to do it all and make it through with at least a few hairs left on my head come December.
I got an email last week asking me to post about how I manage to balance school and Etsy. Honestly...I'm still figuring that part out.
Here's what I've come up with so far for making it through...
- Hold on to the joy that blogging gives me and not turn it into an additional level of stress.
- Use my free time (when I'm not studying) to knit and brainstorm blog posts.
- Be real. If things get tough this semester I'm not going to hide them beneath a frenzy of DIY and inspiration posts. I guess that could be considered blogging for confidence too...
- Remember to socialize. Geez that sounds like such a loner, loser, hermit-like thing to say...but it's true. Sometimes I forget to step outside of my little bubble where all I do is study, knit, run, sleep, eat, and repeat.
- Don't feel guilty. I can't compare myself to the full time bloggers that I admire so much. I can only do what I love and hope a few of you stay along for the ride. :-)
So there it is. I'm sure this list will get longer as I get closer to final exams, Christmas, and the Jingle Bash, but I think this is a good start.
Is anyone else a student blogger? I'd love to hear how you manage your time and hold on to the joy of blogging.